World statistics day
Today, on 20.10.2010, more than 100 statistical organizations celebrate World Statistics Day at the initiative of the UN.
OECD statisticians and economists will discuss the contribution of statistics to the mission of OECD: “better policies for better lives“, with a focus on green growth, innovation, society, development and progress. The talk is scheduled today at noon Paris time, and it can be seen live at http://interwebcast.oecd.org/ (and it will be archived there afterwards).
Here is what some other organizations are doing –
- IMF and World Bank are jointly organizing a two-day event in Washington DC. They are launching the virtual statistical system, a resource to support statisticians in developing countries.
- Eurostat is launching a publication, “The EU in the world. A statistical portrait”
- UNESCO statistics is organizing an open house in its Montreal office.
- The European Central Bank is hosting an international seminar, “Central bank statistics in a global context“.
- Hans Rosling will be speaking from the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics.