Today, on 20.10.2010, more than 100 statistical organizations celebrate World Statistics Day at the initiative of the UN.
OECD statisticians and economists will discuss the contribution of statistics to the mission of OECD: “better policies for better lives“, with a focus on green growth, innovation, society, development and progress. The talk is scheduled today at noon Paris time, and it can be seen live at http://interwebcast.oecd.org/ (and it will be archived there afterwards).
Here is what some other organizations are doing –
- IMF and World Bank are jointly organizing a two-day event in Washington DC. They are launching the virtual statistical system, a resource to support statisticians in developing countries.
- Eurostat is launching a publication, “The EU in the world. A statistical portrait”
- UNESCO statistics is organizing an open house in its Montreal office.
- The European Central Bank is hosting an international seminar, “Central bank statistics in a global context“.
- Hans Rosling will be speaking from the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics.